[rules-users] Rules don't execute using MVEL syntax in RHS - Possible Bug

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:25:13 EDT 2014

Hi Josep,

as I anticipated the propName vs. getPropName() issue was only a red herring
and totally unrelated with the actual bug. Investigating in more detail your
test case I found that the problem is that in some circumstances, when using
fireUntilHalt, a single working memory action (insert/update/delete) is not
processed atomically as it should. This causes that it can make to fire a
rule even before than the consequences of such action have been completely
propagated to all the nodes of the rete network.

Yesterday evening I finished developing a fix for this issue that also makes
your test case to pass. However I only pushed it on a branch of my personal
guthub repo (
https://github.com/mariofusco/drools/commit/6d7a849f0920e95c22aa913f0cc5b741b1ddb92b
) because there are still some outstanding details that I am discussing with
the other members of the team.

I'll let you know when we decide that the fix is ok and merge it to the
master.

Cheers,
Mario