[rules-users] Suspicious behaviour when using a bound variable as a constraint in a pattern bound to the same var

dec roni.frantchi at gmail.com
Thu May 22 11:07:25 EDT 2014

Apologies,
I had wanted to know:
1. Is it expected that this two rules would behave the same given the same
input?
    Not sure I understand how would it even compile and how would the var be
conditioned upon before  being assigned .

2. The input was just some random string.

3. The results are unexpected as we are getting a hit on this row even
though the field is populated with some string. BUT what is suspicious is
that it would seem we very rarely get this sort of behaviour. We also
suspect if it has something to do with concurrency or multiple sessions
concurrently executing.

Most importantly, I would like to understand 1) - how is this even possible
to come up with such a pattern and is it expected to behave like the
intended rule