[rules-users] Cannot issue fireUntilHalt when using persisted session

rogerL roger at precipicetech.com
Thu May 22 14:43:49 EDT 2014

Due to an issue with reloading persisted sessions that contained a cron timer
rule, I upgraded to 6.1.0.Beta3. Now I'm encountering a problem with a
threaded fireUntilHalt command (cannot be issued on a persisted session).

Exception in thread "SimpleAsyncTaskExecutor-1"
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Command session.fireUntilHalt();
cannot be issued on a persisted session
	at
org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService$TransactionInterceptor.execute(SingleSessionCommandService.java:474)
	at
org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService.execute(SingleSessionCommandService.java:353)
	at
org.drools.core.command.impl.CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession.fireUntilHalt(CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession.java:272)...

It worked without issue in 6.0.1.Final. Though I suspect not, is this
expected behaviour? Alternately, are there configuration/other changes that
must be implemented.

Libs
spring 4.0.1
kie, drools, jbpm 6.1.0.Beta3