[seam-dev] Seam docs in 2.0 branch

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:56:43 EDT 2008

Guys and gals,

The documentation looks great! I love the consistent look and feel and
the code blocks especially appear very attractive and inviting. This
is certainly a landmark moment in the maturation of this project.

Quoting my wife, "It looks so professional and clean." I agree.

-Dan

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:10 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at bleepbleep.org.uk> wrote:
> Thanks James!
>
>  I've added a couple of notes to the JIRA issue as you probably saw.
>
>  Cheyenne - do you have an idea when you will be able to look at this?
>  This will allow us to see whether we should delay the next release of
>  Seam to include any changes you make or not...
>

>  On 25/03/2008, James Cobb <jcobb at redhat.com> wrote:
>  >  Hey Pete,
>  >
>  > I've created a JIRA task for this:
>  > http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/ORG-44
>  >
>  > Cheyenne Weaver is currently working on this to integrate the SFWK.org look
>  > and feel into the DocBook styles. She's replacing a good portion of the
>  > standard DocBook graphics in the process and leveraging the work we've done
>  > on the JBoss.org community styled DocBooks.
>  >
>  > James
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > On Mar 19, 2008, at 1:05 PM, Pete Muir wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > On 19 Mar 2008, at 18:00, Jay Balunas wrote:
>  >
>  >
>  > Are we clear to go through and update for code styles?
>  >
>  > Please do.
>  >
>  >
>  > Should those changes only go into truck, or are we going to attempt to merge
>  > the changes from 2.0 branch?
>  >
>  > Trunk is still using the old style docs, and I don't know how Samson intends
>  > to the conversion for trunk.
>  >
>  > I suspect the easiest thing to do will be to take the branch point for
>  > Samson's change's, diff it against current trunk, copy the branched docs
>  > into trunk, and apply the diff with the content changes. If we adopt this
>  > strategy, then we should do all cosmetic changes in the branch.
>  >
>  >
>  > ___________________________________
>  >
>  > James Cobb
>  > JBoss Labs / jboss.org UI Design Lead
>  >
>  > [   AIM/Yahoo/Skype: insectengine :::  512-652-5867   ]
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

>  --
>
> Pete Muir
>  http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete
>  http://www.seamframework.org

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

http://www.mojavelinux.com
http://manning.com/dallen

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters. Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.