[seam-dev] Exporting datatables

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 07:34:37 EDT 2008

> I don't quite follow what you are doing in the second half of your sentence,
> but you can always remove a component from the tree by doing
> cmp.getParent().getChildren().remove(cmp); cmp.setParent(null);

I assumed that if you have a page with lots of stuff and only want to
export a data table, you have to
rip out the unwanted stuff (those components that shouldn't be visible
in the PDF). Ripping them out of the
temp xhtml-tree seems like a better idea than chopping them out from
the component tree(?)

If the datatable is nested enough, it might be placed somewhere else
than in the upper left corner of the export
pdf. Perhaps one solution would be to iterate up to the root and
"adopt" the css into the component and then nuke
the entire body and place the component directly and alone in the body?