[seam-dev] message parameters for bean validation

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Thu Aug 21 10:21:38 EDT 2008

hi there,

I am currently working on the bean validation implementation and have a
question where I thought you guys might have valuable input.

Basically, I am implementing the message interpolation right now and
according to the spec a message parameter is just enclosed by {}. The
existing code uses #{}. Now the question is, what should it be and why?
The existing #{} is probably inspired by EL, but on the other hand the the
format used by ResourceBundle and MessageFormat is {}. What should it be?

--Hardy