[seam-dev] What's the purpose of the method context?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:47:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:
> This is correct, it prevents some very wrong behavior when the
> component is invoked recursively.

Hmmm, so its one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't".
There is one possible workaround. The Events component could skip the
METHOD context when looking up the observers. The other solution is to
use the example I gave and lookup the component outside of the METHOD
scope.

Regardless of what we decide, it would probably be a good idea to let
users know (in the docs) that the unproxied instance is sitting in the
METHOD context.

Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, life and work come first and, at times, keep me away from my mail
for a while. If you contact me, then don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters. Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.