[seam-dev] Website performance - help offer

Sebastian Hennebrueder usenet at laliluna.de
Wed Mar 12 20:40:09 EDT 2008

Christian Bauer schrieb:

> On Mar 12, 2008, at 22:45 , Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote:
>
>> I had a first look at the wiki and resulting queries. Is it possible
>> that you are using MySQL for your forum?
>>
>> The queries for the forum results in subqueries -> ForumQuery class.
>
> Yes, we use MySQL and yes, all the forum queries that used expensive
> subqueries have meanwhile been optimized to use joins instead. Check
> subversion trunk.

I found two left over when displaying the forums and showing a thread.
Further nested queries happens when you add topics. I will generate some
test data in order two better evaluate the performance impact and will
evaluate the same in PostgreSQL as well. Is this actually an option or
shall I stop the efforts here?

Just to avoid a version or configuration mismatch. I am looking at:
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/seam/trunk/examples/wiki

While testing I found that queries are issued when ever I display a
forum thread.  Is this true for the seamframe.org site as well? If so,
what do you think about the idea, adding a boolean attribute to the node
as a cache marker.
We could write the part of the page showing the thread somewhere on the
disk and deliver it whenever the cached flag is true.

Best Regards

Sebastian