[seam-dev] Can someone please take a look a this

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:21:17 EST 2008

There is a URL rewrite filter that was introduced in Seam 2.1 to
accomplish roughly the same thing, which was implemented by Norman.
Taking a hint from JAX-RS, it's possible to define a pretty URL for a
view ID in the page descriptor that transposes path info into request
parameters.

Example 1:
   <page view-id="/search.xhtml">
      <rewrite pattern="/search/{searchPattern}"/>
      <rewrite pattern="/search"/>

      <param name="searchPattern" value="#{searchService.searchPattern}"/>

   </page>

Example 2:
    <page view-id="/entry.xhtml">
        <rewrite pattern="/entry/{blogEntryId}" />
        <rewrite pattern="/entry" />

        <param name="blogEntryId"
               value="#{blogEntry.id}"/>

        <action execute="#{entryAction.loadBlogEntry(blogEntry.id)}"/>
    </page>

So if anything, we likely want to look at what discrepancies remain
between the rewrite filter can do and what this guy is proposing.
Norman?

-Dan