[seam-dev] SeamELResolver performance

Michael Youngstrom youngm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:21:36 EDT 2008

I've been doing some profiling of my applications lately and have
found SeamELResolver or more specifically
Contexts.lookupInStatefulContexts() to the hottest piece of code in my
apps.    This method can be hit thousands of times a page load.  Most
of the hits are coming from SeamELResolver.  I have created 3 issues
that I believe to be very safe that cut the processing time of
Contexts.lookupInStatefulContexts() to about 1/3rd of what they were
before.  I was wondering if the group could take a quick look at them.

I would also like someone in authority to weigh in on if I could back
port these fixes to 2.0.x (hopefully in time for 2.0.3) since my apps
are tied to 2.0.x.

Here are the issues:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3653 Remove String concat in ScopeType
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3654 Reduce number of checks
to see if Jbpm is installed in BusinessProcessContext
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3655 Caching in
ServerConversationContext

Mike