[seam-dev] java.lang.IllegalStateException: No phase id bound to current thread (make sure you do not have two SeamPhaseListener instances installed))

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 07:35:37 EDT 2009

Here is the canonical JIRA https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/
JBIDE-2190, and the answer is given by the OP - this was an issue with
JSF < 1.2_10, the first version of JBoss AS that incorporates this is
4.2.3 or 5.

There is no Seam version that fixes this, as it's not a bug in Seam
(nb Seam had a related problem, but we fixed that for 2.1.0).

Really, I would recommend that you switch to not using MANIFEST.MF for
defining the classpath of apps, but instead use lib/ directories. https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-4136

On 7 Apr 2009, at 09:33, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Please see http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4223780#4223780
>
> We keep bumping into this "two listener instances installed" on Seam
> 2.1.x.
>
> Remind me again why this happens on deployments that works great on
> all previous versions of Seam ?
>
> Can I point users to Seam 2.1.2 builds that will fix this ?
>
> /max

Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Pete