[seam-dev] Modules have been moved

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 11:41:29 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM, psteininger <piotr.steininger at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I support the move to git. I think it will help the community contribute
> easier and provide the committers to have more control over what goes into
> the master branch. It's a lot easier to work with distributed, published
> repos, than with a ton of patch files.

Indeed. We could cite a number of other benefits as well, such as being able
to develop locally and to share prototypes w/ collaborators before having to
worry about pushing upstream. There have actually been some long threads
discussing all of these benefits, so I won't try to rehash it all.

The motion I'm suggesting at this point is, let's just cut over now. No one
can build these modules anyway (unless they have seam-parent stashed away in
a local Maven repo), so let's just make the leap.

Another reason is that the Seam repository in general is so screwy right now
with a ton of restructures (just look at FishEye to see the bizarre history)
that we should just break away from it. I don't mean to sound downtrodden,
this should be seen as an opportunity!

Registered Linux User #231597