[seam-dev] Need advice on what and how to commit new build stuff for the booking sample app on WebSphere v7

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:57:27 EDT 2009

> > On your advice, I could describe what to do to get the
> > booking/"agnostic-like" app to build and run on WAS, but IMHO as an
> > end user discovering seam, it is much easier and faster to run a
> > script that builds the ear file ready-to-be deployed and then
> > inspect what's in the ear to mimic/adapt their own projects.
>
> Yes, I personally prefer this approach.
>
> What do others think?

While I think the instructions are important, because they emphasize the
changes that have to be made, I wish there was a build that would automate
the modifications so that we lower the barrier to getting hands on.

And yes, now that JBoss AS 5 is out, the jee5 app should be the first
example any newcomer to Seam tries. Is there a place where we asterisk the
default example? If so, we should asterisk the jee5 one.

I've added this statement to the examples/readme.txt file

"If you are just getting started with Seam, it's highly recommended that you
study the jee5/booking example first. This example is designed to run
unmodified on a Java EE 5-compliant application server. Of course, the real
world is never so ideal. Therefore, you'll find modifications that you need
make for various application servers in the example's readme.txt file. These
instructions can also be found in the Seam reference documentation."

Registered Linux User #231597

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Dan