[seam-dev] First cab off the rank!

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Sat Nov 28 11:12:57 EST 2009

I'm pleased to say that Seam Remoting 3.0.0 is now compiling and works
with the ported hello world example in CDI.  Not all features are there
yet (such as JMS and session bean support) however the basic stuff seems
to work ok.  Some of the porting process was a little shaky, mostly due
to my CDI noobishness so if anyone would care to look over the code some
peer review would be appreciated - especially in places like
ExecutionHandler and my usage of CreationalContext.

Since bean names are now an optional thing, I was wondering whether I
should support remoting with non-named beans.  I could probably do it by
just allowing a fully qualified class name, what do you guys think?

Also, if you want to check out the hello world example, it's now in the
remoting module itself under the remoting/examples directory.  The
example build is quite primitive, you need to run mvn install and then
copy the war file manually into JBoss's deploy directory.  I'll try to
improve this when I get a chance.  The remoting docs will eventually end
up in the module also.