[seam-dev] Seam and SSO

Raphael Duarte Paiva raphaeldpaiva at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 10:09:02 EDT 2009

I wrote my own solution to SSO integration with seam and Jboss AS.
Its a pretty Simple LoginModule for Jboss AS, who calls a session bean that
query the user from the database and store its principal into the container
itself.

Then I wrote a seam component that is called every time a user enters a
module (a service of the major project). It just retrieve the principal from
the container (using jacc) and authenticate it in seam (populating the
Identity component).

If you need more details, feel free to contact me.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 22:14, xin wu <alartin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think the SSO is a big issue when we suggest clients to adopt Seam. I try
> the CAS SSO and rewrite Authenticator and Pages classes
> according to CAS wiki but it does not work properly. Even I can use SSO in
> two Seam applications, the seam application does not work same as
> before. The reason seems that Seam can not handle
> navigation(pages.xml/x.page.xml) correctly any more. For example, when I
> login a simple CRUD Seam application and create a new entity, after I click
> save button, the entity is created successfully but I am not navigated to
> the Entity.xhtml and stayed at the same edit page. When I click list page,
> and click View/Edit link of the entity, the entity's information is not
> shown at the corresponding fields. They are all empty.
> In fact, the CAS SSO adds some filters in web.xml. Does them affect Seam's
> navigation? After I remove CAS SSO configuration, all works fine.
> SSO is a common requirement of many clients. Can somebody help to figure
> out what happened? Thanks.
>

> --
>
> Sean Wu
> JBoss Solution Architect
> RedHat Service Center, P.R.China
> Email: seanwu at redhat-service.com.cn
> Mobile: 13911868610

Abraços
Raphael Duarte Paiva
Graduando em Ciência da Computação

"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something
happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk
[...]" - Stephen Hawking, 1993