[seam-dev] persistence module page drafted

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 13:06:11 EDT 2010

I have put together an initial draft of the persistence module page [1].
I've outlined the major issues that this module needs to address along with
some rough design notes. The next step is to identify what features to
tackle first by sketching out a roadmap (alpha1, alpha2, etc with bullets
next to them). I'll take the first stab at it.

- If you are a current Seam committer interested in helping with this
module, please add your name to the table and feel free to revise or add to
the design notes.
- If you are not a Seam committer, you can start by helping with the design
notes and we can work you up to committer status as you demonstrate
commitment and expertise.

Like the security module, the persistence module is very important because
it fills a gap that still exists in Java EE (transactions for non-EJB
managed beans). Developers are mostly likely going to need this module to
write an app, primarily if they are trying to avoid using EJBs. I still
believe that we should advocate EJB 3.1, though, despite working on this
module. We could consider it a half-way house for people who have been
burned by EJB in the past :)

-Dan

[1 http://seamframework.org/Seam3/PersistenceModule

Registered Linux User #231597