[seam-dev] persistence module page drafted

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 22:08:57 EDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Users can decide to use the transaction object as a UserTransaction, or
> they can use it as a SeamTransaction (or whatever it ends up being called)
> and get the extra features -- the name of this design pattern is eluding me,
> but I think it fits well here.

Right. I'm imagining that we can inject the native UserTransaction interface
or our extended interface, but either way you are getting the same bean
instance. Internally we stick the our extended interface to keep the code
readable, the user gets a choice.

It's not just about wrapping these few status methods and adding the enlist
method. It's about taring the transaction API to a single interface.
Basically, UserTransaction is the interface, the implementation could be
non-JTA.

Registered Linux User #231597