[seam-dev] Interceptor packaging convention

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:16:16 EDT 2010

Ok - so this means we are back to square one. Can we discuss and agree on
the following guidelines?

All @Interceptor classes must:

   1. Adhere to the following package and naming scheme:
   org.jboss.seam.intercept.*Interceptor
   2. Warn users (or Error out when appropriate) if they are using
   interceptable @Annotations when the @Inteceptor itself is not registered,
   and provide instructions to correct the configuration:
   (@Interceptor registration can be checked in the Extension class
   AfterBeanDiscovery via BeanManager.resolveInterceptors(type,
   interceptorBindings)

All @Decorator classes must:

   1. Adhere to the following package and naming scheme:
   org.jboss.seam.decorate.*Decorator

Let's discuss and resolve, since we're starting to release, and this is
important. (Affects Faces directly.)

Thanks,
Lincoln

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2010, at 05:11, Gavin King wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> BTW A slightly better approach (which avoids at least the nastiness of
> this approach, but
> >> doesn't avoid the issue of ordering - which IMO is insurmountable)  is
> to write a
> >> SeamInterceptor which can cope with using relative ordering semantics
> and require users
> >> to just enable that.
> >
> > Sure, but the problem is that then you can't interleave other
> > interceptors with the Seam interceptors.
>
> Perhaps I should have prefaced it "a slightly better-than-terrible way" ;-)

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
"Keep it Simple"