[seam-dev] Interceptor packaging convention

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 14:03:45 EDT 2010

On 19 Apr 2010, at 18:53, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:

> > So I guess the real issue at hand is...the consistent packaging of interceptors is really about making the <interceptors> element as simple as possible by making all the interceptors classes have the same number of package segments. That need may or may not be contrived. I haven't stood in the shoes of the developer yet being required to list out a bunch of interceptor classes.
>
> It sounds contrived to me. Where does it come from? Given that a user might declare some interceptors, where does that leave them?
>
> They can call interceptors whatever they want ;)

??

Dan's point was that they would want to have the same number of package segments in all the interceptor definitions. I don't think that they will ever achieve this, as they might pull in a third-party interceptor, or define their own, which isn't in a place with the same number of package segments.

Arguably, it's not the number of package segments that matters, it's the entire prefix (for readability).