[seam-dev] Please read & review: "Test your module"

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 03:57:55 EDT 2010

> There is one gap in the article at this point. Right now it assumes the use
> of the weld-embedded container. That will work for basic managed bean tests,
> but it's not going to work for integration tests that require container
> services such as JMS and JPA. It also won't be sufficient when we need to
> test the real JSF life cycle. Therefore, I recommend adding a section about
> using real containers. For instance, JMS module needs this right out of the
> gate.

I don't know if it's a job for this article or for Arquillian/JBossTesting
in general but it would be handy to show the progression of a simple case
from the standalone unit test to the full blown EE-integration test.
Something along the lines of

* A simple junit-only test of a Calc class that returns the sum of two
parameters
* Calc in embedded weld with some injection
* Calc goes servlet (HTMLUnit? Selenium?)
* Calc goes JSF-WAR web app (JSFUnit?)
* Calc goes JSF-EAR-JPA (DBUnit + loading of data + transactions etc)

---
Nik