[seam-dev] Java EE API artifacts

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 12:37:29 EST 2010

Module leads,

I'd like to propose that whenever you need to link to a Java EE API
artifact, that you use the ones listed in the JBoss Java EE 6 spec bom [1].
The reason is that we have control over these API artifacts and thus can
rely on them. As you may be aware, the Java EE 6 APIs are inconsistently
published to the Maven repositories. It also makes it easy for us to align
on the APIs we are using for compilation across modules.

Java EE 6 APIs should always be marked as provided, so there should be no
affect on consumers of the Seam modules. Basically, it doesn't matter what
we use, so we want to use the least painful option.

Here's an example of the JPA API:

      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.hibernate.javax.persistence</groupId>
         <artifactId>hibernate-jpa-2.0-api</artifactId>
         <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>

The versions get inherited from the seam-bom.

-Dan

[1]
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jboss/spec/jboss-javaee-6.0/1.0.0.CR1/jboss-javaee-6.0-1.0.0.CR1.pom

Registered Linux User #231597