[seam-dev] Transition to Seam Solder

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:41:42 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Stuart Douglas
<stuart.w.douglas at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 21/12/2010, at 7:35 PM, Dan Allen wrote:
>
> seam-parent 5 and seam-bom 3.0.0.b04 are now ready.
>
> I also updated config and persistence to use all the new dependency
> management goodness. All tests pass, as far as I can tell.
>
> I've noticed that we are going to have to address an issue with the
> migration from Weld 1.1.0.Beta1 to CR1...it's not a drop in replacement.
> Neither the config nor persistence tests will pass on CR1. We need to dig
> deeper. I will give you a hint though...the order of the type parameters on
> ProcessProducer and ProcessProducerMethod has inverted. You can see this in
> the Solder LoggerExtension test. So we'll cross that bridge in time.
>

> I think that this is an issue with Arquillian not being compatible with
> 1.0.0.CR1.

While that may also be an issue, I still think the problem with running Seam
Persistence w/ Weld 1.1.0.CR1 is real.

http://seamframework.org/Community/SeamPersistenceNotDeployingOnWeld110CR1

We need to test w/ a JBoss AS nightly (that's what I was running against
when I saw the failure).

Registered Linux User #231597