[seam-dev] Testing seam modules

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:25:12 EST 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM, Stuart Douglas <stuart at baileyroberts.com.au
> wrote:

> It is pretty much good to go for an alpha release, as most of the
> functionality that was outlined in the original spec has been implemented,
> as well as some stuff that wasn't. Also there are docs and an example,
> although the docs are rather rough at the moment and are not going to win
> any literary awards.

Great. I'd be happy to review the document, since I need to dig into it
anyway.

> A major piece of functionality that is still missing is the ability for
> portable extensions to register their own custom namespace handlers. So if
> your module needs some extra configuration that can't be adequately
> expressed by wring up beans using xml it will be possible to register a
> custom namespace, and include whatever xml you need in the beans.xml file. I
> am planning on implementing this in the next few weeks, but I could move it
> up if anyone desperately needs it.

I'd say that what you have is more than likely sufficient for the near term.
Shane can probably provide more details, but I think XML is needed to tune
some of the settings in the security module. So touch base with him and if
all is clear, let's move forward with an alpha (or beta) release of XML and
security ~ early next week. Sound good?

Registered Linux User #231597