[seam-dev] Seam 3 space on JBoss Community

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:39:46 EDT 2010

I think what you're missing in all this, Steve, is that my comments
are not really directed at the decision to migrate hibernate.org.
There were considerations affecting that decision that simply don't
apply to seamframework.org. And, well, it's done now, so
recriminations don't really serve much purpose.

Yes, I do think that the migration was badly executed (and I'm sorry
you're offended by that), but I would not be pressing the point or
even mentioning it here, were it not for the fact that there are
several people who are arguing that we should do the same thing to
seamframework.org. And they've been claiming, in the face of my
skepticism, that this could certainly be done without losing the
identity, look and feel, and general usability of the current site.
Essentially, they've tried to tell me that there would be no downside
to this migration. Which is a load of bull, frankly.

I'm picking on hibernate.org, not because I want to start a useless
fight with the folks who worked on that migration, but because it is
concrete proof of some of the points I've been making with respect to
seamframework.org, that have been dismissed by others.

--
Gavin King
gavin.king at gmail.com
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Gavin