[seam-dev] Let me know what you need for a first stab at the PDF/Mail port from Seam 2

Nikolay Elenkov nick at sarion.co.jp
Mon May 24 22:12:24 EDT 2010

On 2010/05/24 23:22, Pete Muir wrote:
> Nikolay,
>
> I think it would help people understand your proposal better if you gave an
> example of your proposed syntax using another templating engine. Perhaps take
> one of the example emails from Seam2 and rewrite it...

See my other email as well for why the templating engine is not the main point,
but here goes (base is simple.xhtml):

Subject: Try out Seam!

Dear #{person.firstname},
You can try out Seam by visiting http://www.seamframework.org

Regards
Peter

Much simpler and easier on the eyes. Anything besides that (headers,
attachments) is better handled in code and users should not touch it.
Since, as you say, people like the facelets templates, you should probably keep
them in Seam 3, but they are not suitable for editing by users. Greet your user
with this and they will give up right away....

<m:message xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
           xmlns:m="http://jboss.com/products/seam/mail"
           xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
           xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html">