[seam-dev] Naming convention and package organization advice

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:29:48 EDT 2011

Are these beans that developers will be interacting with / API? Or are they
an implementation detail?

If the former. Why not just use "Twitter" or "Facebook" ?

"Handler" isn't bad, I'm not sure there's a great word, what is the purpose
of these beans. e.g: what do they do? that might help us figure out if the
name is appropriate, or if we should try to forge a little more ;)

~Lincoln

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Antoine Sabot-Durand <
antoine at sabot-durand.net> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> in Seam social I created bean to deal with social network. I named those
> Bean with "Handler" suffix : i.e. TwitterHandler. I choose this over
> "Service" or "Controller" but as there will be other Seam module dealing
> with high level functional services, I prefer check this naming convention
> with you. Sharing the same naming convention across modules to have
> something homogenous is something important.
>

> Antoine SABOT-DURAND
> Twitter ; http://twitter.com/antoine_sd
> LinkedIn : http://fr.linkedin.com/in/antoinesabotdurand

Lincoln Baxter, III