[seam-dev] Meeting 2011-08-17

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 15:39:36 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 23:35, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com> wrote:

> For my $0.02, I wish more people would split their runtime and compile time
> deps. Too often people add the runtime which pulls in the compile time and
> the user builds against the runtime classes. Part of this problem, imo,
> comes from maven resolving compile transitively. If you depend on it to
> compile, state it, and don't bleed your runtime into mine if it's swappable.
> I think Sonatype would probably agree.

I agree that we want to promote best practices. I have yet to hear anyone
say "two dependencies, that's so many!" They just copy and paste what we
give them. So let's just give them the right thing to copy paste (or let
forge do it).

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about