[seam-dev] Agenda for the 2011-06-01 2100 UTC meeting

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:32:05 EDT 2011

Minutes for the meeting:

=================
#seam-dev Meeting
=================

Meeting started by mojavelinux at 21:04:49 UTC. The full logs are
available athttp://people.redhat.com/~manderse/irc.freenode.org/meetings/seam-dev/2011/seam-dev.2011-06-01-21.04.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Action Items from last week  (lightguard_jp, 21:06:07)
  * I spoke with Jay re: the dataexport from jsf data tables  (bleathem,
    21:08:13)
  * short answer is RichFaces 4 planned to add support for this, but not
    shceduled for a release version yet  (bleathem, 21:08:56)
  * follow-up for further discussion on the RichFaces forums, to discuss
    any Seam tie-in  (bleathem, 21:09:18)
  * LINK: http://seamframework.org/Community/CommunityRoles
    (mojavelinux, 21:12:44)
  * LINK: http://seamframework.org/Community/CommunityRoles
    (lightguard_jp, 21:13:39)
  * AS7 can be embedded cleanly for arquillian tests  (lightguard_jp,
    21:14:09)
  * there is no GWT Module  (mojavelinux, 21:18:10)
  * rather, we have Errai CDI  (mojavelinux, 21:18:21)
  * Errai CDI brings the CDI programming model to GWT, both on the
    client and server side  (mojavelinux, 21:18:38)
  * Errai is the bus that handles the event roundtripping  (mojavelinux,
    21:18:57)
  * ACTION: lightguard_jp finish the GWT module -> Errai CDI
    (lightguard_jp, 21:19:30)
  * IDEA: use Errai to power Seam Remoting (or other Ajax/push
    technology stacks)  (mojavelinux, 21:23:10)
  * LINK: http://refcardz.dzone.com/refcardz/nodejs-building-scalability
    (mojavelinux, 21:24:37)
  * ACTION: sbryzak will talk with cbrock about errai and flesh out the
    seam remoting / errai idea  (lightguard_jp, 21:33:18)
  * also need to get Jay involved in this for RichFaces push
    (lightguard_jp, 21:33:40)
  * LINK: https://github.com/seam/ticket-monster   (gastaldi, 21:38:07)
  * ACTION: Shane will copy paste the ticket monster (bastard) design
    documents to the Seam wiki so more people can play  (mojavelinux,
    21:41:03)
  * ACTION: or, put them in a design.md file in the source tree
    (mojavelinux, 21:41:14)

* Results of the Polls  (lightguard_jp, 21:43:15)
  * Community integrator was a pretty tight race  (lightguard_jp,
    21:43:49)
  * George Gastaldi will be our next Community Integrator
    (lightguard_jp, 21:44:03)
  * Forum Jedi support overwhelmingly went in favor of Jason Porter
    (lightguard_jp, 21:46:23)
  * AGREED: revote for these positions again in 6 months
    (lightguard_jp, 21:48:07)
  * ACTION: set event in calendar for next vote on community roles
    (mojavelinux, 21:48:07)

* Code Reviews  (lightguard_jp, 21:50:33)
  * ACTION: take steps to shift modules to using git flow; first step is
    to clarify what it is on the mailinglist  (mojavelinux, 21:56:44)
  * ACTION: lightguard_jp will field questions about git flow after the
    meeting or at some other time  (lightguard_jp, 22:01:47)

* Meet bi-weekly instead of each week  (lightguard_jp, 22:02:07)
  * IDEA: schedule along with the agenda  (lightguard_jp, 22:05:51)
  * AGREED: Create a schedule along with next week's agenda
    (lightguard_jp, 22:06:33)
  * AGREED: meetings will continue each week  (lightguard_jp, 22:06:40)

* Compatibility Module  (lightguard_jp, 22:09:15)

Meeting ended at 22:18:37 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* lightguard_jp finish the GWT module -> Errai CDI
* sbryzak will talk with cbrock about errai and flesh out the seam
  remoting / errai idea
* Shane will copy paste the ticket monster (bastard) design documents to
  the Seam wiki so more people can play
* or, put them in a design.md file in the source tree
* set event in calendar for next vote on community roles
* take steps to shift modules to using git flow; first step is to
  clarify what it is on the mailinglist
* lightguard_jp will field questions about git flow after the meeting or
  at some other time

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* lightguard_jp
  * lightguard_jp finish the GWT module -> Errai CDI
  * lightguard_jp will field questions about git flow after the meeting
    or at some other time
* sbryzak
  * sbryzak will talk with cbrock about errai and flesh out the seam
    remoting / errai idea
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Shane will copy paste the ticket monster (bastard) design documents
    to the Seam wiki so more people can play
  * or, put them in a design.md file in the source tree
  * set event in calendar for next vote on community roles
  * take steps to shift modules to using git flow; first step is to
    clarify what it is on the mailinglist

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* mojavelinux (191)