[seam-dev] Seam 2.3 branch uses Maven

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 08:25:58 EDT 2011

Hi Dan,

I have talked with Lukas Fryc who did the Richfaces migration and they
had more complicated situation and anyway he migrated only Richfaces 4
trunk/branches/tags.

So there is the question how deep we would like to have the history in
new Git repository. I think that it should have at least Seam 2.x SVN
logs.
The issue is that we moved branches at some point in history to new
location and git-svn itself doesn't work it around to get unbreakable
history for branches unless using some git magic like git-filter-branch
and/or join/merge individual cloned Seam SVN branches into the resulted
git repository. I will try to play a little with that, but I don't have
to spend with that a much time.

So if you have any other ideas I am listening ;-).