[seam-dev] Indentation rules

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:02:00 EDT 2011

We talked about this a few meetings ago. Sorry we did not make a bigger
announcement. We're migrating to the JBoss Community (and JBoss AS7)
formatting that's more common to JBoss in particular and to Java in general.

Before it was as you suggested, but we have decided to switch. Enforcement
is something we haven't talked about (via checkstyle, code review, etc) but
we probably should at some point in the near future.

#3 is out of date with Seam 3 wrt the license in use, let alone the
formatting.

2011/3/15 Ondřej Skutka <oskutka at redhat.com>

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:27:04 +0100, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>  1 & 2
>>

> And when have this changed and why? I haven't seen any rationale or even an
> announcement about the change. AFAIR it had always been 3.
>
> And if it's a permanent change that developers agreed upon, why it's not
> commonly used / enforced in Seam modules?
>

>  2011/3/15 Ondřej Skutka <oskutka at redhat.com>:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I just wonder what is the most up-to-date rule for indentation for Seam
>>> project? Is it 4 spaces as suggested in [1] and [2] or 3 spaces as suggested
>>> in [3], [4] and by the prevalent practice?
>>>
>>> Could we unify the documents and/or align sources accordingly?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Ondra
>>>
>>> [1] http://seamframework.org/Seam3/DevelopmentGuidelines
>>> [2]
>>> https://github.com/seam/build/blob/master/formatting_differences.README