[seam-dev] Identifying which jars contains seam/cdi extensions and programmatic extensions ?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Mar 24 16:56:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

Talking with Seam/CDI tooling team at EclipseCon and we are still in the dark on how tooling are supposed to identify CDI extensions that are registered programmatically and often does not have a beans.xml to "mark" them.

Today we do it by simply scanning jars with *weld*.jar naming pattern (very brittle and not good for 3rd party extensions).

Furthermore we also have a list of classes to include/exclude since some components in these jars aren't CDI compliant.

How do we go about identifying these things ?

The idea discussed with Dan/Pete on this topic previously were to add a design-beans.xml
and use that as a marker + list the classes we should load/configure as possible injection/navigation candidates in the tooling.

I was hoping this were settled before Seam 3 GA but it seem to fallen through the cracks ?

Something I missed ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen