[seam-dev] seamfaces UIInputContainer problems

José Rodolfo Carrijo de Freitas jose.freitas at softplan.com.br
Wed May 18 15:14:46 EDT 2011

Hello guys,

I’m working on the issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SEAMFACES-93.

I did some tests and it seems to be a problem with mojarra implementation,
there’s a registered issue about that:

http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-1991 which is linked to
http://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES-2040 that has a patch

but was not applied yet.

Brian suggested to use a workaround with facets as suggested in 1991 JSF
issue, at least until we have an applied patch for that.

I made a preliminary test and it seems to work but it changes (big change
I'd say) the way one uses the component

>From this:

<sc:inputContainer label="Name" required="true">
<h:inputText id="name" required="true" size="50" maxlength="50"
value="#{testBean.name}" label="Name"/>
</sc:inputContainer>

To this:

<sc:inputContainer label="Name" required="true">
<f:facet name="inputContainerFacet">
<h:inputText id="name" required="true" size="50" maxlength="50"
value="#{testBean.name}" label="Name"/>
</f:facet>
</sc:inputContainer>

Do you have any others suggestions or if you don´t have a suggestion, what
do you think about changing the component usage?

Best Regards,

José Freitas