[seam-dev] Seam JMS module refactoring/restructuring

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:06:10 EDT 2011

The only concern I have with this is the multiple jar and getting it setup
correctly from a user's point of view. If this is clearly and neatly laid
out in the docs, then it shouldn't be a problem. Sorry for the tardiness of
this email.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 19:57, John D. Ament <john.d.ament at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gents,
>
> I've been working diligently (whenever I have time) to get the seam JMS
> module up and running on the new test suite format.  One thing I've noticed
> is that because of the caveats of using JMS In SE vs. EE, it didn't just
> work to run weld ee embedded and within a container tests by themselves.  It
> also became clear that in general this wouldn't work outside of a container
> because of differences in how to start open mq vs. hornetq vs. activemq.
> Even working in a remote JNDI provider (similar to how weblogic JMS works)
> it wouldn't have worked quite right.
>
> Soemthing I started a while ago (maybe 4-5 weeks) was to separate various
> impls to different modules.  I want to go ahead and move forward with this
> approach.  This would provide the main api and impl (across all impls) as
> well as a domain specific impl (e.g. seam-jms-ee-impl) that contains
> functionality for EE environments.  As a result, when running the test
> suite, you are verifying the api, impl, the domain specific impl and the
> test suite for that specific combination.
>
> Does anyone have any concerns with this approach?
>
> John

Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lightguardjp