[seam-dev] JMS deadlock issue in JBoss AS7 7.1 Final

Ove Ranheim oranheim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:25:37 EST 2012

Yes, it turns out that HornetQ page-size is not set in AS7.1.Final by default, which it should have. If page-size is not set for BLOCK policy, it will cause dead-lock after approx 30 persisted messages.

If you add this to jboss messaging sub-system configuration, it'll work fine.

<max-size-bytes>10485760</max-size-bytes>
<page-size-bytes>1048576</page-size-bytes>  <== lack of page-size is root cause

Issues updated:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3919
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/HORNETQ-870

/ove