[seam-dev] Going forward

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 17:48:23 EST 2012

Part of this mail is going to be open thoughts from me, so if you don't
agree, that's fine, it's really open for discussion. I'm wondering what
everyone wants to focus on for Seam 3.2.0. Obviously we need to support
those currently running on Seam 3, and we'll also continue to work on
DeltaSpike. I think eventually we will cut a Seam 3 release that's based on
DeltaSpike Core instead of Solder, which should make things much easier for
people when migration time comes, or if they want to use MyFaces CODI
extensions as well.

We currently have 369 issues against Seam 3. I'm not sure how many we
squashed during the Seam 3.1 cycle, but I know it was quite a bit, maybe
150+. I'd like to hear from the community as well as the module leads what
they feel like we should be working on for this next Seam development
cycle.

I know we have said we were going to focus on documentation and examples,
and I still believe that needs to happen. Obviously we need to do some
other dev as well. Maybe a good example though will drive some of that
development. Right now the current examples are very weak and typically
only focus on one or two modules. I have my Confbuzz example [1] which is
up to date with Seam 3.1.0.Final, but is really lacking features. It could
be a good place to start if nothing else.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or a direction they'd like to see things
move?

[1] https://github.com/seam/seam-example-confbuzz
--
Jason Porter