[security-dev] PicketBox 5.0.0-2012Aug24 Timed Release is out
Pedro Igor Silva
psilva at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 13:51:32 EDT 2012
We are glad to announce that a timed version was released for PicketBox 5.0.0 (version 5.0.0-2012Aug24).
PicketBox is a project that works wonders for application security. Here are some highlights:
- You can use it as a standalone API for pure JavaSE applications or in a JavaEE environment as well.
- Decouple applications from security code.
- Choice of HTTP Authentication Schemes (BASIC, DIGEST, FORM, CLIENT-CERT or you write your own authentication scheme).
- Choice of Authentication Managers or Stores. (File Based, Ldap Based, Database Based etc)
- Choice of Authorization Managers. (Drools based authorization, XACML based authorization, Deltaspike Security based authorization or write your own authorization mechanism).
- Application Session Management.
- JSON security.
- Integration code for Solder, DeltaSpike and CDI applications.
- and more ...
Please refer to the documentation at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/SECURITY/Java+Application+Security.
You can also check the Getting Started guide and some examples/quickstarts:
- Getting Started: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/SECURITY/Getting+Started
- Examples: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/SECURITY/PicketBox+Quickstarts
We did this timed release to get some feedback about what was done so far.
More information about the security-dev