[security-dev] PicketLink 3 IDM - hasRole Checking

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 18:19:40 EST 2012

On 12/01/2012 11:38 PM, Darran Lofthouse wrote:
> For hasRole has there been any thought about being able to check
> multiple roles concurrently?
>
> The scenario I am thinking about here is where we want to check that a
> user is a member of at least one role - if we have a large number of
> roles at the moment we would need to loop and call hasRole once for each
> role.

No, and I don't think there's much value in this.  With the caching
mechanism (that we will eventually get fully implemented) the scenario
that you are describing will only require an actual IdentityStore lookup
on the first call; subsequent hasRole() calls will be already pre-cached
for maximum performance.