[security-dev] IDM:: API Change question - feedback requested

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 21:15:03 EST 2012

I've updated the IdentityManager API so that we now support the
following User/Group/Role related methods:

     // General

     void add(IdentityType identityType);

     void update(IdentityType identityType);

     void remove(IdentityType identityType);

     // User

     User getUser(String name);

     // Group

     Group getGroup(String groupId);

     Group getGroup(String groupName, Group parent);

     boolean isMember(IdentityType identityType, Group group);

     void addToGroup(IdentityType identityType, Group group);

     void removeFromGroup(IdentityType identityType, Group group);

     // Roles

     Role getRole(String name);

     boolean hasGroupRole(IdentityType identityType, Role role, Group
group);

     void grantGroupRole(IdentityType identityType, Role role, Group group);

     void revokeGroupRole(IdentityType identityType, Role role, Group
group);

     boolean hasRole(IdentityType identityType, Role role);

     void grantRole(IdentityType identityType, Role role);

     void revokeRole(IdentityType identityType, Role role);

This change has meant a net simplification of the API, with the three
new methods (add, update and remove) replacing the seven methods we
previously had, while providing additional features (in the form of
added support for updating Groups and Roles).

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Shane

>>> Anil