[security-dev] PicketLink IDM JPA Identity Store

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 19:42:11 EDT 2012

Oh, and for anyone wondering if caching is really that important - it
is.  With our hierarchical identity model there can be complex decisions
to make regarding user privileges.  For example, if you want to test if
user A has permission B for object C, and user A is a member of group X
which is a subgroup of group Y which has been assigned a role which
grants that particular permission B for object C, the last thing you
want to do is have to execute numerous database queries to determine
this.  By caching all this stuff we are really going to provide
significant performance improvements.