[security-dev] Merged in Social code into PL workspace

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 10:29:51 EDT 2012

On 25 Oct 2012, at 02:08, Shane Bryzak wrote:

> On 10/25/2012 03:52 AM, Anil Saldhana wrote:
>> Shane,
>>    recently I merged in the social login code under "social".  This is
>> plain vanilla code for login using facebook and google. I need to move
>> some code for twitter login.
>
> Does this include the commit history?  After the debacle with the IDM
> merge, Pete gave me some advice on how to merge code from another
> repository while retaining the history.

1) Get the final directory structure sorted out in the old repo (e.g. if you need it in a subdir in the new repo, do that here - IOW the root of the old repo needs to look like you want the merged in stuff to look like in the new repo
2) Add the old repo as a remote to the new repo
3) Do a normal merge.