[security-dev] PicketLink IDM subsystem

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 07:33:54 EDT 2013

+1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stian Thorgersen" <stian at redhat.com>
To: "Pete Muir" <pmuir at redhat.com>
Cc: security-dev at lists.jboss.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [security-dev] PicketLink IDM subsystem

This may not work at the moment, but should be fixed IMO. I think it should be possible to create a global IDM configuration through standalone.xml, or maybe even multiple (and some mechanism to select config for a deployment). By default the global configuration would be overridden by the application specific configuration (as in your example).

Not sure if there would be an IDM config OOTB, so a user would either have to configure one in standalone.xml or provide on in their applications.

There may also be a case for having an option to override application specific configurations, but that probably wouldn't be a very important feature to have.