[security-dev] Undertow IDM

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Wed Apr 24 15:38:31 EDT 2013

I think PL IDM can supply most of the methods defined in the IdentityManager interface.

Only not sure about the somethings related with password reset and account locking. Althought the Credential API maintains the history of password updates and custom attributes can also be used. Not sure, but maybe we should have that in PL IDM, built-in support for password reset and account locking.

Regarding DIGEST authentication and the getPassword method, if using PL IDM this method is not necessary because we always store the HA1 value (MD5(username:realm:password)). So you only need to pass the provided password that it will be checked internally.

Regards.
Pedro Igor