[security-dev] Undertow IDM

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Fri Apr 26 03:57:27 EDT 2013

On 26/04/13 00:44, Stuart Douglas wrote:

> Bill Burke wrote:
>> Does Undertow give you some API so that you can get at the guts of a
>> SecurityCOntext? Basically the principal and its role mappings?
>
> Not directly, the principle and roles are determined by the relevant
> methods on the Account interface. Basically your auth mechanism could
> potentially just skip the IdentityManager entirely, and simply return
> its own account with whatever principal and roles you want.
>

>> I really need to port my SSO/OAuth stuff to Undertow. I hope you're
>> still up for suggestions and API changes. But what I care most about is
>> that Undertow doesn't make it impossible to add these capabilities or
>> put undo configuration complexities that don't exist in the AS7 version
>> of this functionality.
>
> Darran started a thread about the configuration on undertow-dev a while
> back ("Web Application - Security Mechanism Selection"). The security
> API is not set in stone, if there are things that you need that we don't
> provide feel free to start a discussion on undertow-dev about it.

+1 At the moment Undertow is an Alpha release - none of the APIs are set
in stone and some are definitely very much evolving.

I am going to put together two articles on jboss.org: -
  - Proposed authentication mechanism configuration i.e. the previous
e-mail thread.
  - A description of the current IdentityManager interface.

Then we can look at what is needed to build on both, changes already
planned and then look in a little more detail at the wrapping of
PicketLink IDM.