[security-dev] Dependency of idm/impl on config module

Shane Bryzak sbryzak at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 08:31:06 EST 2013

On 08/02/13 02:00, Marek Posolda wrote:
> On 07/02/13 17:01, Shane Bryzak wrote:
>> Oops, I didn't mean to commit that before discussing with you, it must
>> have snuck in with some other changes that I had to make to help out
>> Bruno with one of the Aerogear examples.  In any case, we do need to
>> remove the dependency on the config module from idm - I'm ok with a
>> dependency going the other way though.
> Ok, but why we need to remove it? Is it some xml related conflict? I
> have same problem today again. I fixed it locally in my env, but i
> won't commit it until we sort this out.
The most immediate problem is that it's breaking deployments - the
config module is pulling in the federation module, which causes a
deployment error in AS just from having the jar file present. Besides
that though, the only dependency we should have in idm is on the common
module.  Also, configuration should be able to be written as a totally
separate concern from IDM - is there a reason that
XMLBasedIdentityManagerProvider and all the resolver/* classes can't go
in the config module?

> Thanks,
> Marek
>>
>> On 07/02/13 05:23, Marek Posolda wrote:
>>> Hi Shane,
>>>
>>> I found today that I am unable to build idm/impl module due to
>>> commented
>>> dependency on "config" module, which is coming from your commit
>>> "e1494891b5f906fb5e54511141ee7d661e4941b9 minor dependency fix" . To
>>> fix
>>> this, I partially reverted it and uncomment the config module again.
>>> See
>>> commit
>>> https://github.com/mposolda/picketlink/commit/4ff92be99e0ed9ed8898814bdddce19c11520723
>>>
>>> in PR https://github.com/picketlink/picketlink/pull/50 (It's also
>>> adding
>>> sorting support in FileBasedIdentityStore).
>>>
>>> Wdyt? Are you able to build idm/impl without dependency on config
>>> module? On my side, I am using "mvn clean install" to build whole
>>> project and with commented config module, it's failing for me.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Marek