[security-dev] [PicketLink IDM] - File-based Identity Store

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Mon Jan 21 03:57:04 EST 2013

+1 For PicketLink to be enabled out of the box within the application
server it is going to have to have a suitable store for that scenario so
going beyond just testing and development.

The store used for the out of the box scenario also needs to be
supportable and should problems occur it will need to be recoverable and
it must be maintainable for backwards compatibility so to me it feels
that purely using JDK based serialization adds too much risk here.

Having said that it has been a while since we last reviewed if there are
any embeddable databases  with local file system storage that could also
meet our needs - there are various complications here but it may be
something to review again before we end up writing out own.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.