[security-dev] PLINK-84 - Login can be bypassed with any user after a first successful login

Anil Saldhana Anil.Saldhana at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 15:58:28 EST 2013

 From what I understand from JIRA comments, the use case boils down to
use of additional credentials after a successful authentication.

I am thinking maybe the authentication process should register the type
of credential last used and if subsequent login() calls happen on the
identity, then a change of credential (via the credential.setCredential)
should trigger an authentication process.

Unless the credential type has changed, I am unsure why we need to
perform another authentication when the user has already authenticated
and the session is active.

Thoughts/feedback?