[security-dev] PicketLink IDM - Replace Default Credential Handler

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Fri Jun 21 13:34:50 EDT 2013

Actually maybe don't ignore this ;-) - I think there is still a scenario
that could be handled within PicketLink IDM.

Say a user is stored with a pre-prepared hash of their username, realm
name and password in preparation for possible Digest authentication.

If a UsernamePasswordCredentials object is passed in for validation no
CredentialHandler will be able to validate it even though all of the
information is available to perform the validation - the default
CallbackHandler will be called even though there may be another
CredentialHandler that does understand how to perform the validation
based on the Credentials associated with the Agent.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.