[security-dev] REST API for user provisioning

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 09:00:55 EDT 2013

Maybe we can review the Attribute API and have something like that:

User user = // create user

user.setAttribute(Attribute.create("profileUrl", "http://company/users/profile?id=121")); // the same as new Attribute("",""), just a helper method

Attribute addresses = Attribute

    .create("addresses") // parent, no value defined

        .add("address1") // child of "addresses" and also a parent
            .add("postalCode", "123")
            .add("streetAddress", "123")
            .add("multivalued", "1","2") // multi-valued attribute for "address1"

        .add("address2")
            .add("postalCode", "456")
            .add("streetAddress", "456")

user.setAttribute(addresses);

Another thing we can review is the getEmail method on the User interface. Maybe we should support a String array to allow 1+ emails for users.

Regards.
Pedro Igor