[security-dev] How to use PicketLink IDM with custom account type configured on AS/EAP?

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 08:55:55 EST 2013

Hi All,

I'm looking for recommended setup for $subject. My use case is:

* LDAP server contains data mapped to class Developer that extends
  org.picketlink.idm.model.basic.User
* I want to configure PL IDM on AS/EAP level - in standalone.xml
* I want to be to map Developer from RESTEasy from JSON POST request

So far, I'm thinking of:

* Creating an jar/sar, that will contain classes I need to map deployed to
  AS/EAP
=> Would PL submodule see these entities? Or do I need to make it a submodule?
* Map JSON to Developer POJO - using different Developer the
=> Is there a way how to reuse Developer POJO from classes in sar?
* Create a custom CredentialsHandler

I'm wondering whether such approach is correct or I should use something
different.

Many thanks,

Karel