[security-dev] Picketlink 2.8.0

Arthur Gregório arthurshakal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 06:25:39 EST 2015

The amount of effort on application side is even less than with
picketlink. *The
thing is that you need keycloak server*. It can be executed either in same
JVM ( Wildfly/EAP instance) like your application or on completely
different server.

The best is to start with keycloak documentation and possibly screencasts
and try examples.

This is the "problem". Think about it:

I develop an open source system that uses a secure system and in theory,
can run on any application server compatible with JEE7+

My "users" will download the war, put on WF them still have to make a
number of settings on the server to be able to type username and password,
login, make control access, create groups, give permission ... Anyway,
unnecessary for this scenario.

What I know is that KC is a more business world, where we have a more
robust infrastructure. PL can be used in that case or something heavier
integrated with KC.

Well, what I am saying since I wrote my first e-mail is that technology
does not replace the other, but can complement each other...

But okay. For now, I would just someone could generate versions of PL,
snapshots, see and apply PR, make snapshots and publish to the maven, this
would be a great help.

*Arthur P. Gregório*
*+55 45 9958-0302*
@gregorioarthur